Thursday, March 22, 2007

You've got to climb Mount Everest to reach the Valley of the Dolls.

You may look at these mouse bits and wonder why the mouse has no right arm or tail. The plan had been to push through and finish the mouse body today so I could do the mouse sweater tomorrow and then maybe after that get on with my life, such as it is, but it's hard work playing Frankenstein. Also, I'm sick of all the TV I have on my computer knit along to, and I'm maybe even sick of watching TV altogether. Here's an equation for you:
Four (4) hours of Firefly + two (2) episodes of Top Model + one (1) episode of Top Design + one (1) episode of Criminal Intent + two (2) hours of Gattaca* = 5/6 of a mouse
It might be horrifying for you to discover that the state of New Jersey is paying me to watch five billion hours of things I've mostly already seen and knit children's toys.

*admittedly, a movie, and not by choice, and I spent the entire time trying to untangle the mess I'd made of the end of the hank of the yarn.

No comments: