Friday, March 9, 2007

A Natural History

Today I listed a new pair of earrings that I'm a little bit in love with -- they were born of an idea I had while stuggling up a hill on one of my runs last week, and when I finally had time to make them, I was so pleased to find that my idea actually worked, because that is certainly not always the case. My dilemma in general is how to secure ends and fit pieces together with only pliers (since I have no metalsmithing skills or even a clear conception of exactly which metalsmithing skills I'd like to have) without ending up with something that is flimsy or boring.

I considered oxidizing these, but decided against it since I liked the contrast between the shiny silver and the black glass bead. Plus I didn't want anything to distract from the awesomeness of the pink fossil beads!

2 comments:

Sweet Olive Press | Helen said...

These are fabulous. I couldn't resist them :) Such a unique design!

Rachel said...

My mom says she likes these. She's old and doesn't wear anything dangly, so I consider that a real tribute.