Monday, May 14, 2007

Intersession


Phew. I've finished my third final paper and I'm feeling just absolutely unable to start the last one right now, so in the meantime, I bring you this photo of all the crafty progress I've made in probably the last....oh, god who knows how long. This the "Child's First Sock in Shell Pattern" from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks, which is such a wonderful book I just want to crawl inside it and knit my way out again, which I will do in T minus 6 days...

The yarn I'm using is some weird superwash wool that according to its label is from Germany but looks as though its been on the shelf at the LYS long enough to actually qualify these socks as vintage. I chose it because I liked the reddish brown color and because, as the Bolter puts it, "it was the only viable sock yarn" in the whole store.

No comments: