Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Resurgam.

Well, Reader, there's been a lot of knitting this past week, but none of it has felt very satisfying to me. At left you can see one completed Monkey sock, and it's fine, if a bit loud for my taste--I'm not yet completely drinking the Kool-Aid on variegated yarn--but I need the revulsion to go away and the love of Koigu and matched pairs to return before I can do serious work on its mate.

In the meantime, I tried again on the lace scarf, and it took me an hour to do two rows, of which one was all purls. Bolty needs some faster progress than that in this heat. I'm going to try yet again with some fingering-weight yarn instead of lace weight. Eventually.

In the meantime, I'm working on a nifty cabling project. I don't have pictures of it yet. I think my affair with the afterthought thumb might be over, though, which is kind of a bummer, as I have yarn for many pairs of afterthought thumb mittens.

I also overdyed some bright green sock yarn a more usable teal, but it's veeeeeeery dark teal, almost black. Not quite the effect I was going for. Oops!

No comments: