Friday, September 7, 2007

We join this program already in progress.

All right, darlings, I've finally done a little sweater scanning. I've got about 10" of a project 18" for the bottom of the Lucy cardigan. The stitch pattern is so simple that I'd probably be gouging my eyeballs out if it weren't for the yarn--I've gone on a bit about the Berroco Ultra Alpaca before, and I won't do it again here, but it's fantastic. Not so great for stitch definition, as is the case with most dark yarns and most alpaca yarns; the scanning picked up the patterning in one dimension much better than the eye can actually do in three. But that's okay, because it doesn't matter, really, and I think when blocked, it'll be a little bit crisper. My other potential problem is that while I'm ly(tru + mad + deep) in love with the Peat colorway, it turns out that dark green actually doesn't go with a great deal in my wardrobe. I think the green's too dark to go comfortably with black or navy blue, and reds are out unless I want to look like Mother Christmas. Brown could make me look like a tree, and greens, possibly too matchy, and anyway, the only green shirt I have is more lime than earthy. So I'm left with light blue--and the feeling that this might be a good excuse to start collecting shirts in the purple family. But first Bolty's gotta get paid.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Botler,
I don't understand what you say, but I like how you say it! Why is your blog better than mine? I love your banner! And the LilyRiver hookup!

You just might bring me back to the knitting fold yet.

The Bolter said...

You totally should pick up the knitting again, Simon ; ) ...Well, it took me forever to do the banner at the top and I got some Photoshop tips from my mom too. Besides, we don't have videos!!